“She has lived and understands the challenges of managing a business and the importance of human capital”
For 25 years Patti worked in a variety of industries, including advertising and marketing, insurance and banking. She worked her way up through the ranks and for the past 20 years was a member of executive teams in organizations that experienced high growth, as well as business and cultural change. Patti is an accomplished business leader who understands the challenges and opportunities of maximizing human capital for bottom line results.
Patti is married, is the mother of a teacher and coach, a professor and a young entrepreneur. In 2008, she started a summer youth camp to inspire middle school students to be community leaders. While she established a strong work ethic growing up on a farm in rural Iowa, her adult life has been involved in business and coaching people and teams to be successful beyond what they believe possible.
Credentials, Awards and Associations
- SHRM-SCP Certification
- Certified Mediator
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Ombudsman, a program of the US Department of Defense
- Governor’s Award for Volunteerism; 2016
- Founder and Leader for Pacesetter Youth Camp
- Member of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Member and Past President of Iowa Senior HR Association
- Past President and Board Member of Prairie School Foundation
- Past Allocation Chair and Board Member of United Way of East Central Iowa
- Nominee for Cedar Rapids Waypoint Women of Achievement; 1995 and 2008