“She has lived and understands the challenges and great opportunities of managing a business”
Patti is the owner of Seda Consulting; a firm committed to guiding individuals and teams to be their professional best, through organizational design, succession planning and coaching. She is certified in EQi-2.0 Emotional Intelligence and MPO Personality Assessment tools.
Before starting her own business, Patti worked in a variety of industries, including advertising and marketing, insurance and banking. Starting as a payroll and benefits coordinator, she worked her way up to the executive team level in organizations that experienced high growth, as well as business and cultural change. Patti is an accomplished business leader who understands the challenges and opportunities of talent and how it impacts the bottom line.
Patti is married, the mother of two school administrators and an entrepreneur, and grandmother to three little girls – all who continuously push and challenge her way of thinking. In 2008, she started a summer youth camp to inspire middle school students to be community leaders. While she established a work ethic growing up on a farm in rural Iowa, her adult life has been involved in business and coaching people and teams to be their best and successful beyond what they believe is possible.
Credentials, Awards and Associations
- SHRM-SCP Certification
- Certified Mediator
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Ombudsman, a program of the US Department of Defense
- Governor’s Award for Volunteerism; 2016
- Founder and Leader for Pacesetter Youth Camp
- Member of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Member and Past President of Iowa Senior HR Association
- Past President and Board Member of Prairie School Foundation
- Past Allocation Chair and Board Member of United Way of East Central Iowa
- Nominee for Cedar Rapids Waypoint Women of Achievement; 1995 and 2008